Self care includes any intentional actions you take to care for your physical, mental and emotional health. Self care is unique for everyone. It is probably best to start with a few ideas and to slowly build on this. Below are some ideas that might help you to get started on your own self care plan.
1. Food. Getting adequate nutrition is very important.
2. Sleep. Sleep can affect our health and wellbeing.
3. Exercise. Exercise can give a person a great sense of wellbeing.
4. Relaxation exercises. Relaxation techniques or meditation can help people with their emotional self care.
5. Listen to yourself. Listening to yourself is very important.
6. Pets. Pets can help you to feel grounded and they can comfort you.
7. Laughter. Laughter can help you turn off after your day and be in the moment.
8. Friends and Family. Making time to engage with positive friends and family is very important. Developing supportive friendships is important.