Positive relationships can boost your wellbeing and help you deal with life’s challenges. A strong social network can give you a sense of belonging.
Below are some suggestions that might help you build stronger relationships:
- Be there for those that you are close to.
- Be kind to yourself. How you feel about yourself can impact how you are with others.
- Find ways to stay in touch. If you cannot meet a person face to face, you might use technology.
- Recognise negative relationships. Think of ways that you might resolve issues so that you might move forward in a negative relationship.
- Share fun things. Don’t just relay things that are not going well but share positive news also.
- Make more time. Set aside time to connect with others.