Mindfulness is about being in the moment and being aware of not getting stuck in thoughts from past and the future. It is easy in our busy worlds, to stop noticing what is going on within us and around us. Mindfulness helps us be aware of our lives.
Below are some mindfulness exercises that might interest you.
1. Make a mindfulness date with yourself every day, for example going for a walk or drinking a cup of tea.
2. Do things differently for doing things mindfully, for example every time you open a door focus on what it is like to turn the handle on the door.
3. Put postits in different places that will remind you to be mindful.
4. Set a timer on your phone that will remind you to be mindful at different times during the day.
5. Be fully present when you are with people, for example notice their body language.